We have calendared a number of ‘blue weeks’ for our students.
Blue weeks coincide with a period of assessment or National Wellbeing campaigns and so during these weeks, in order to provide balance, teachers are asked not to set homework.
Instead, we will be encouraging the students to engage in activities that promote their wellbeing, both physical and mental.
Blue Weeks for this year are:
- 07th October - 11th October 2019 - National Work Life Week
- 02nd December - 05th December 2019
- 03rd February - 7th February 2020 - Children's Mental Health Week/Safer Internet Week
- 18th May - 22nd May 2020 - Mental Health Awareness week
- 13th July - 17th July 2020
This is an opportunity for students to use the time that they would normally be doing homework of an evening to do something different.